“In some cities, people are choosing cars instead of bicycles, while in other cities riding bikes are replacing cars. Why is this the case? Which development do you think is better?” là đề thi IELTS Writing Task 2 ngày 28.12.2022. Đây là một trong những đề phổ biến hay xuất hiện trong kì thi IELTS Writing dạo gần đây và cũng có trong bộ đề forecast quý 4 2022.
Tuy đây không phải là một chủ đề quá khó, nhưng để ghi điểm tuyệt đối với giám khảo các bạn cùng tham khảo ngay bài mẫu sau đây cùng với những từ vựng nâng cao được biên soạn bởi đội ngũ chuyên gia học thuật hàng đầu tại TalkFirst nhé!
1. Đề thi IELTS Writing Task 2
|In some cities, people are choosing cars instead of bicycles, while in other cities riding bikes are replacing cars. Why is this the case? Which development do you think is better?|
2. Phân tích đề
Dạng bài: Two-part question (đề bài có 2 phần).
- Phần 1: Vì sao một số người ưa chuộng xe đạp hơn ô tô trong khi số khác lại chọn ô tô thay vì xe đạp?
- Phần 2: Theo bạn, đâu là lựa chọn tốt hơn?
3. Dàn bài
- Paraphrase task heading (diễn đạt lại tình huống trong đề bài): In several cities, people prefer cars to bicycles. In other cities, the opposite is true.
- Thesis statement (nêu quan điểm người viết): While there are some reasons for both of these trends, I believe that cycling is better.
Body paragraph 1:
Topic sentence: In both cases, there are some factors that influence people’s choice of transportation.
- Main idea 1: People may prefer bikes because they want to protect the environment.
- Example: Many European cities want to save energy and live an eco-friendly lifestyle, so they welcome cyclists.
- Main idea 2: People might choose cars rather than bikes because they need to travel very far or because they think having a car is cool.
- Example 1: In the US, people often need to travel within and between the country’s large states.
- Example 2: In some other countries, such as Vietnam, owning cars is a symbol of luxury.
Body paragraph 2:
Topic sentence: Although cars are faster and bigger, I think bicycles are a better choice in the long term.
- Main idea 1: Bicycles not only help protect the environment but also improve health.
- Explanation: About how bikes help protect the environment, I have discussed this in the previous paragraph. About their effects on our health, this is supported by scientific research.
- Example: Scientists have agreed that cycling has positive effects on blood pressure, heartbeats, and breathing.
- Main idea 2: People may need a bigger and faster vehicle, and bicycles are not suitable. In that case, we can use public transportation rather than cars.
Conclusion: Restate the main ideas.
- Some people prefer cars because they have to travel very far or they want to look cool. Others stick with the bicycle because it is eco-friendly and good for health.
- I also think bicycles are better than cars.
4. Sample Answer band 8.0+
Individuals in several urban areas now have a tendency to use cars more than bicycles, yet the opposite preference is becoming increasingly common in other cities. While there are reasonable explanations for both of these trends, I remain convinced that cycling is a better choice.
In both cases, the choices that the population makes regarding their primary vehicles are driven by particular concerns. Specifically, where there is higher environmental awareness, people tend to choose bikes over vehicles with exhaust emissions. Europe, for instance, is well-known for its cyclist-friendly capitals such as Amsterdam and Copenhagen, which pioneered the bike-sharing movement back in the 1900s, attempting to be more economical and eco-friendly in energy use. On the other hand, cars are still more popular with residents in, for example, the large states of the US because the distances at which people must travel daily are too enormous to cycle. In some other countries, such as Vietnam, owning cars is considered a symbol of luxury.
From my perspective, although cars might have the merit of being more speedy and spacious, bicycles seem a wiser choice in the long term. This is because bicycles are not only protective of the environment but also beneficial for health. The former factor has been discussed elsewhere, whereas the latter is strongly supported by research. Scientists have long affirmed the positive effects that moderate exercise, including cycling, has on blood pressure, heartbeats, and respiration. Meanwhile, to solve the problems of distance and capacity, of which bicycles seem incapable, public transportation is apparently a better solution than cars.
In conclusion, while some people continue to prefer cars due to such demands as distant travel or self-image, others stick with their more eco-and-health-friendly choice: the bicycle. I, too, strongly believe that bikes are a smarter option.
296 words – Band 8.0+ – Written by IELTS CITY
Đăng ký liền tay
Lấy ngay quà khủng
Đăng ký liền tay - Lấy ngay quà khủng
Nhận ưu đãi lên đến 40% học phí khóa học
5. Từ vựng
- Convinced [adj]: completely sure about something (tin chắc).
- Drive something [v]: to influence something or cause it to make progress (thúc đẩy điều gì).
- Exhaust /ɪɡˈzɔːst/ [n]: [uncountable] waste gases that come out of a vehicle, an engine or a machine (khí thải).
- Emission /ɪˈmɪʃn/ [n]: [countable] gas, etc. that is sent out into the air (khí thải).
=> Exhaust emission (collocation): [countable] gas that is sent out into the air out of a vehicle, an engine or a machine (khí thải).
- Friendly [adj]: [often in compound adjectives] that is helpful and easy to use; that helps somebody/something or does not harm it (thân thiện).
- Cyclist-friendly [adj]: thân thiện với người đi xe đạp.
- Luxury /ˈlʌkʃəri/ [n]: the fact of enjoying special and expensive things, particularly food and drink, clothes and places (sự sang trọng, sự xa hoa).
- Respiration /ˌrespəˈreɪʃn/ [n]: the act of breathing (sự hô hấp).
- Capacity /kəˈpæsəti/ [n]: the number of things or people that a container or space can hold (sức chứa).
- Capable of something/doing something /ˈkeɪpəbl/ [adj]: having the ability or qualities necessary for doing something (có khả năng cho điều gì/để làm việc gì).
≠Incapable of something/doing something [adj].
- Self-image /ˌself ˈɪmɪdʒ/ [n]: the opinion or idea you have of yourself, especially of your appearance or abilities (hình ảnh bản thân).
Hy vọng với bài mẫu Đề thi IELTS Writing Task 2 ngày 24.12.2022 sẽ giúp bạn nắm được cách triển khai dàn ý để trả lời phần thi IELTS Writing Task 2, cũng như note lại một số từ vựng quan trọng ghi điểm cao. Chúc bạn ôn luyện thi thật tốt nhé!
Nếu bạn đang tìm kiếm khoá học luyện thi IELTS uy tín, tham khảo thêm Khóa học IELTS cam kết đầu ra tại Anh ngữ TalkFirst