Để ghi điểm cao ở Đề thi IELTS Writing Task 2 ngày 06.12.2022 thí sinh cần biết cách triển khai và lên ý tưởng trả lời quan điểm của bản thân về việc đưa ra các hình phạt nghiêm khắc hơn đối với các hành vi vi phạm lái xe giúp cải thiện an toàn đường bộ.
Cùng TalkFirst phân tích dạng bài mẫu đề thi IELTS Writing Task 2 ở bài viết dưới đây để note lại một số từ vựng quan trọng ở dạng bài này nhé!
1. Đề thi IELTS Writing Task 2
|The only way to improve road safety is to give much stricter punishments on driving offences. To what extent do you agree or disagree?|
2. Dàn bài
- Giới thiệu đề tài: Solving the problem of road accidents.
- Paraphrase đề bài. Lưu ý: Dùng những từ ngữ tường thuật như “It is believed that…”
- Nêu quan điểm của người viết: Partly agree.
- Topic sentence + Main idea: On the one hand, this method could be helpful.
- Explanation: It can prevent lawbreakers from driving thoughtlessly again, as well as warning other people against doing that.
- Example: Vietnam’s law on alcohol consumption control since 2019 has helped the number of crashes caused by drunkenness. Drivers will receive a fine, besides having their driving licence confiscated.
- Topic sentence: On the other hand, it is not always successful, so an alternate solution is needed.
- Example: Research in Queensland, Australia, in 2019 shows that traffic offences did not decrease despite serious penalties. People’s aggressive driving habits were not successfully hampered.
- Explanation: We ought to think about banning private vehicles, at least in a number of areas. This not only helps reduce road accident risks but also helps to ease environmental problems.
- Khẳng định lại quan điểm của người viết: Giving strict punishments on driving offences could be helpful, but only to a certain extent. However, we still need a better solution, such as prohibiting personal vehicles.
3. Sample Answer band 7.5+
Road accidents have always been a significant matter of concern, so much so that there is an idea that says the problem can only be solved by punishing driving offenders very strictly. However, I do not think this is the only solution, although it could be somewhat effective.
On the one hand, it could be helpful to apply serious penalties to reduce the risk of traffic accidents. Theoretically, this not only can prevent lawbreakers from driving thoughtlessly again but also can warn other people against doing that. For example, since 2019, when Vietnam laid down strict legislation on alcohol consumption control, the number of crashes caused by drunkenness has decreased. According to this law, drivers will receive a fine of at least 85 USD for motorcycles and 255 USD for cars if their blood or breath contains alcohol, besides having their driving licence confiscated.
On the other hand, the above-mentioned solution is not always successful, hence an alternate measure should be proposed. Research conducted in Queensland, Australia, in 2019 shows that traffic infringements did not decrease despite the imposition of serious penalties, suggesting that people’s aggressive driving habits were not successfully deterred. Therefore, another measure is needed, and from my perspective, we ought to think about banning private vehicles, at least in a number of areas. This not only contributes to the reduction of road accident risks but also helps to ease environmental problems.
In brief, imposing strict punishments on driving offences could be helpful, but only to a certain extent. Since this method cannot defeat reckless driving, another proposal ought to be made, such as prohibiting personal vehicles.
269 words – Band 7.5+ – Written by TalkFirst
Đăng ký liền tay
Lấy ngay quà khủng
Đăng ký liền tay - Lấy ngay quà khủng
Nhận ưu đãi lên đến 40% học phí khóa học
4. Từ vựng
- So much so (that) [phrase]: to such an extent that (đến mức).
- Offender [n]: a person who commits an illegal act (người phạm luật).
- Penalty [n]: a punishment for breaking a law, rule or contract (hình phạt).
- Lawbreaker [n]: a person who does not obey the law (người phạm luật).
- Lay down a rule or a principle [v]: to state officially that people must obey it or use it (ban hành luật).
- Legislation [n]: a law or a set of laws passed by a parliament (luật; pháp luật).
- Confiscate something [v]: to officially take something away from somebody, especially as a punishment (tước, tịch thu).
- Measure [n]: an official action that is done in order to achieve a particular aim (biện pháp).
- Infringement [n]: an act of breaking a law or rule (hành vi vi phạm).
- Deter something [v]: to make somebody decide not to do something or continue doing something, especially by making them understand the difficulties and unpleasant results of their actions (ngăn chặn, răn đe).
Hy vọng với bài mẫu Đề thi IELTS Writing Task 2 ngày 06.12.2022 sẽ giúp bạn nắm được cách triển khai dàn ý để trả lời phần thi IELTS Writing Task 2, cũng như note lại một số từ vựng quan trọng ghi điểm cao. Chúc bạn ôn luyện thi thật tốt nhé!
Nếu bạn đang tìm kiếm khoá học luyện thi IELTS uy tín, tham khảo thêm Khóa học IELTS cam kết đầu ra tại Anh ngữ TalkFirst