1. Job Description
As the Academic Manager, you will lead the Academic team at our center and provide day-to-day mentoring to the Teacher team at TalkFirst. You will also be available to teach & cover classes. The main responsibilities for the role consist of managing the quality of all classes, conducting the entrance test for customers, coordinating with the team to provide the best service to existing customers as well as promoting cross sale and up sale & the other tasks assigned by our Academic Director.
You will also create a work environment that encourages teamwork, commitment & success. This will involve supervising, motivating and helping a team of unique individuals along with collaborating with the Marketing & Service department.
Academic and Administrative roles:
- Cooperate with Service Manager and System operation officers to manage internal quality control so as to deliver a consistent experience to customers;
- Coordinate with teachers and team members to organize Academic workshops and develop a deep understanding of the study program and conduct necessary training for new teachers and staff;
- Plan student’s study program accordingly;
- Make necessary changes and adjustments to tailor the study program for individual students;
- Manage how teachers and counselors advice students based on students’ performances;
- Promote and develop of teachers and staffs’ working skills;
- Be a mentor and an example for managers and staff;
- Deliver training sessions every month/semester;
- Teach & cover classes when needed.
Marketing and Sales roles:
- Suggest plans and strategies to meet the re-enrollment target;
- Support the marketing team in terms of content development for the fan pages and media campaigns;
- Provide, share and follow-up consultation processes to achieve the goal;
- Managing and handling semester re-enrollment rate;
- English proficiency (in both written and verbal communication).
- Hold an IELTS certificate of band 8.0 overall or above. (You will teach demo classes).
- DELTA/CELTA/ TEFL /TESOL certificate or equivalent English language teaching qualification.
- Have at least five-year work experience in teaching English and two-year in Academic team leader.
- Own a degree in English major.
- Have experience in quality control or system management is an advantage.
- Perform well both in a group and individually.
- Be creative and independent in planning and development.
- Be good at public speaking and networking.
- Salary range: Negotiable – Competitive
- Competitive benefits package, annual performance-based pay increase
- Bonus on monthly target achievement
- Weekly trainings (both academic & management skills)
4. How to apply
Kindly send your CVs to our HR team – email@example.com
TalkFirst English School is one of the most creative English Centers in Ho Chi Minh City.
With the mission of enhancing students’ English proficiency, TalkFirst promises to provide our students with a lot of rewarding experiences through a perfect studying environment with native English-speaking teachers who are carefully trained as well as greatly modernized facilities.
We hope to collaborate with potential candidates to provide excellent service for our customers.
What we have at TalkFirst:
- Creative teaching & learning environment;
- Small class sizes (core classes have a maximum of 6 students);
- A modern and effective approach to language learning;
- Comprehensive teaching materials;
- Fun, friendly and professional colleagues;
- Opportunities for career development and promotion.